The purpose of the MCC Practical Nursing Program is to prepare graduates for practice as licensed practical nurses within the ethical and legal framework of nursing in a variety of healthcare settings. The program prepares graduates for success on NCLEX PN® and for employment as a safe entry level practitioner.
Role Specific Graduate Competencies:
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Utilize clinical decision making to provide safe, effective care for clients of all ages with common health problems in a variety of setting.
- Perform nursing skills safely with knowledge of rationale.
- Provide nursing care based on knowledge of growth and development.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills effectively.
- Assist the RN in planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior in regard to continued self growth, and practice within the legal/ethical standards of nursing.
- Demonstrate caring behaviors in the delivery of quality nursing care.
NCLEX PN® Pass Rates by Calendar Year
|Year||# and % Pass 1st Write|
NCLEX PN® Pass Rates by Cohort
|Cohort Name||# and % Pass 1st Write||Program Option|
|August 2014 Grads||22/23 (96%)||Full-time|
|December 2014 Grads||22/26 (85%)||Full-time|
|May 2015 Grads||13/14 (96%)||Full-time|
|August 2015 Grads||18/23 (78%)||Full-time|
|December 2015 Grads||23/29 (79%)||Full-time|
|August 2016 Grads||18/22 (82%)||Full-time|
|Job Placement Rates|
|Graduating Class||Respondents employed as LPNs|