The purpose of the MCC Practical Nursing Program is to prepare graduates for practice as licensed practical nurses within the ethical and legal framework of nursing in a variety of healthcare settings. The program prepares graduates for success on NCLEX PN® and for employment as a safe entry level practitioner.
Role Specific Graduate Competencies:
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Utilize clinical decision making to provide safe, effective care for clients of all ages with common health problems in a variety of setting.
- Perform nursing skills safely with knowledge of rationale.
- Provide nursing care based on knowledge of growth and development.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills effectively.
- Assist the RN in planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior in regard to continued self growth, and practice within the legal/ethical standards of nursing.
- Demonstrate caring behaviors in the delivery of quality nursing care.
|NCLEX PN® 1st Write Pass Rates|
|Practical Nursing Completion Rates|
|Class admitted Fall 2011 (Part-time)||58.6%|
|Class admitted in Spring 2012||70.6%|
|Class admitted in Fall 2012||63%|
|Class admitted in Spring 2013||78.6%|
|Class admitted in Fall 2013||89.3%|
|Class admitted in Fall 2013 (Part-time)||48%|
|Class admitted in Spring 2014||71.4%|
|Class admitted in Fall 2014||71.9%|
|Job Placement Rates|
|Graduating Class||Respondents employed as LPNs|