2015-2016 Ivy League Recruiters
2016-2017 Ivy League student recruiter application and selection process:
The first round of selection for the Ivy League Student Recruitment Team for current students will be held on:
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 from 2-4pm in Casteel Gallery in Todd Library.
A fun, upbeat, energetic audition will take place as students should:
- show us your MCC spirit by wearing an MCC shirt or school colors to auditions
- bring a copy (or photo of) your Fall 2016 class schedule (note: Ivy League meetings are tentatively scheduled to take place every other week on Wednesdays beginning at 3 p.m.).
- prepare a 60 second statement on why you love MCC (feel free to brings props, act it out, share a story, etc.)
Once all students have introduced themselves, participated in the audition process, and given their 60 second statement, individuals selected to move on to the next round of the process will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Office of Recruiting Staff. Individuals who successfully complete the interview process are then invited to join Ivy League for the 2016-2017 school year.
All students participating in the interview process will be notified on their College EagleNet email account regarding their application and selection status.
For questions regarding the application or selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601.484.8632.
Incoming freshman students (class of 2016 high school graduates) will be invited to interview for consideration on the date of their summer orientation. Students should be able to introduce themselves, share why these chose to attend MCC, and plan around Ivy League class meeting for the fall semester when creating their class schedule. For more details or to pre-schedule your interview, email email@example.com or call 601.484.8632
Ivy League student recruiters have:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A desire to help new and returning students
- Creativity and commitment
- MCC spirit!
Ivy League student recruiter responsibilities include:
- Serve as the host group and leadership ambassadors for campus events
- Actively participate in Welcome Week activities and planning
- Promote and assist in the planning of campus events
- Serve as orientation leaders for Eagle Nation Orientation and Registration
- Leading small group sessions with new students
- Acquaint new students with MCC traditions, student services information, campus environments, activities, and facilities
- Exhibit a strong general knowledge of College policies and procedures, Student Services procedures, academic information, campus activities as well as history and traditions of the College.
- Assist the Office of Recruiting and Campus Life as needed (campus tours, individual site visits, office hours, etc.)
- Bi-monthly meetings and leadership retreat
- Enrollment in the one-credit hour Ivy League class
Ivy League student recruiter qualifications:
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled full (15 hours or more) time, degree seeking student at Meridian Community College for the academic year.
- Possess a 2.5 cumulative GPA (non-rounded) at MCC and must maintain a 2.5 GPA during their tenure on the Ivy League Student Recruitment Team.
- Student leaders must remain in good academic standing and judicial standing with the College, not violate the Student Code of Conduct and/or Academic Integrity Policy, and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner both in person and in social media outlets (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and relate with a diverse group of team members, students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Excellent communication skills
Ivy League student recruiter scholarship:
A scholarship opportunity is available to qualified applicants.