2014-2015 Ivy League Recruiters
Ivy League student recruiters have:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A desire to help new and returning students
- Creativity and commitment
- MCC spirit!
Ivy League student recruiter responsibilities include:
- Serve as the host group and leadership ambassadors for campus events
- Actively participate in Welcome Week activities and planning
- Promote and assist in the planning of campus events
- Serve as orientation leaders for Eagle Nation Orientation and Registration
- Leading small group sessions with new students
- Acquaint new students with MCC traditions, student services information, campus environments, activities, and facilities
- Exhibit a strong general knowledge of College policies and procedures, Student Services procedures, academic information, campus activities as well as history and traditions of the College.
- Assist the Office of Recruiting and Campus Life as needed
- (campus tours, individual site visits, office hours, etc.)
- Bi-monthly meetings and leadership retreat
- Enrollment in the one-credit hour Ivy League class
Ivy League student recruiter qualifications:
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled full (12 hours or more) time, degree seeking student at Meridian Community College for the 2014 - 2015 academic year.
- Possess a 2.0 cumulative GPA (non-rounded) at MCC and must maintain a 2.0 GPA during their tenure on the Ivy League Student Recruitment Team.
- Student leaders must remain in good academic standing and judicial standing with the College, not violate the Student Code of Conduct and/or Academic Integrity Policy, and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner both in person and in social media outlets (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and relate with a diverse group of team members, students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Excellent communication skills
Ivy League student recruiter scholarship:
A scholarship opportunity is available to qualified applicants
Ivy League student recruiter application and selection process:
Student must sign up for an interview time slot during the first two weeks of class of the Fall 2014 term (sign up in Ivy Hall, Office 156)
Selection for the Ivy League Student Recruitment Team will be held on: TBA – Check back for updates. Interviews will be held in the Ivy Hall Conference Room. Students will participate in a 15-20 minute interview with the Ivy League Student Recruitment Team selection committee. Attire for interview is business casual. Show us your MCC spirit!
All students participating in the interview process will be notified on their College EagleNet email account regarding their application and selection status.
For questions regarding the application or selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601.484.8632.