Register for Orientation | To-Do Checklist
Frequently Asked Questions | Directions & Parking
Orientation Before and After Checklists
There's a lot to take care of before you start your first semester at Meridian Community College. There are things that you can go ahead and take care of now, while others can either be handled while you're at orientation or can only be taken care of after orientation.
Before you come to orientation, you can:
- Familiarize yourself with the degree plan for your major. Each academic major has a degree plan that outlines the courses you'll need to take in order to earn that degree. You will create your class schedule each semester around this required coursework. Take some time to view your degree plan and to think about the courses you would like to take during your first semester.
- Contact Admissions if you want to change your major. If you have changed your mind about what you want to major in since you applied for admission, contact Admissions to communicate your new major.
- Complete your campus housing application. Campus housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and MCC will not assign housing to students until an application is filed and the processing fee is paid. We are usually full during the fall term, so it is advised that you have your deposit and application in before June.
- Submit any AP, IB, CLEP or college credit to Admissions. If you have earned college credit from a source outside of Meridian Community College, you must submit proof of that credit to Admissions so that it can be applied toward your degree. If you have earned college credit through dual enrollment at another college or university, you must request official transcripts be sent to Admissions.
- Complete your application for Admissions.
- Submit all official transcripts from high school/GED.
While you're at orientation, you can:
- Get your student ID made. Having that ID made makes it official: you're a member of Eagle Nation! And don't lose it - you'll need it literally every day.
- Talk with staff in the Office of Financial Aid. Financial Aid counselors will be available during orientation activities to speak with you individually about your financial aid. (A veterans benefits coordinator will also be on site.)
- Create your class schedule. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the degree plan for your major before you come to orientation so that you have a clearer idea of what you'll need to take during your first semester at MCC. Your academic adviser will help you finalize a class schedule during orientation.
- Pick up #EagleNation gear in the Eagle’s Nest Bookstore, which carries everything from MCC shirt and athletic gear to electronic accessories and school supplies!
- Get lots of other questions answered. There will be a variety of sessions during orientation that cover many topics first-time students and parents have about MCC. Student orientation leaders, staff members, and faculty will gladly answer any questions you have and address your concerns. We understand that there is a lot of information to process, and we want to help you in any way that we can!
After orientation, you can:
- Purchase your textbooks. You can preorder your textbooks through the Eagle’s Nest Bookstore. You'll need your class schedule to get started.
- Register for Eagle Alert. Eagle Alert is the university's emergency notification system. Important messages regarding campus safety can be sent to you via text, phone call, and email. All students are strongly encouraged to sign up for Eagle Alert via EAGLENET.
- Send final transcripts to Admissions. Recently graduated high school seniors should send a final official transcript that reflects all grades earned during senior year and date of graduation. New transfer students should send a final official transcript (with no work in progress) from the last community/junior college or university attended.